Is hair loss for women worse than it is for men? It can certainly be argued that hair loss for men is much more widely accepted, especially seeing how many bald or balding male actors and celebrities have risen to popularity. When a woman loses her hair, she loses part of her identity. It can be heartbreaking, frustrating, and depressing.
It is important for women to know that it is possible to regrow hair in the Greater Boston area in many situations. Regardless of the cause, there are also other immediate options available at our Greater Boston hair loss clinics that can help you look and feel like yourself while undergoing treatments. While hair loss treatment in Fall River, New Bedford, and the surrounding area can take time, there are things you can do today that will make a difference.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
While there are genetic causes for hair loss that are similar to male pattern baldness, such as androgenetic alopecia, even the symptoms can be different. For example, women tend to lose hair with this type of hair loss around the temples and at the crown, unlike the typical pattern seen in male hair loss. When it comes to women and hair loss, it is important to find Greater Boston hair loss clinics that provide treatment based on the underlying cause of hair loss. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution to help regrow hair in the Greater Boston area, so don’t trust a clinic that promises this.
Other causes of hair loss can include:
- stress or stressful situations, hair loss can occur months after onset of stress
- hormones, including abnormal levels of androgens
- illness, diseases, and other health conditions
- pregnancy and childbirth
- fungal infections, such as ringworm
- drugs used for treatments, such as chemotherapy, blood thinners, beta-blockers, and birth control pills
- injuries, x-rays, and even burns can cause temporary hair loss
- autoimmune diseases can sometimes affect hair follicles
- cosmetic procedures and products, including shampooing too frequently, dyeing hair, bleaching, perms, and other treatments that can weaken hair
- heat treatments, including hot rollers, curlers, straighteners, and curling irons
- tight braiding, ponytails, and other tied hairstyles can cause hair breakage
- restricted diets, including low-protein and low-calorie, can cause temporary hair loss
Corrective Hair Solutions
South Coast Hair Options uses a unique approach that is custom designed to meet your individual needs. Corrective Hair Solutions (CHS) is a different approach that addresses women and hair loss in a whole new way. We start by performing a comprehensive scalp evaluation to help identify the underlying cause of hair loss. Once the cause has been determined, we work with each client to create a hair loss treatment in Fall River, New Bedford, or anywhere else in the Greater Boston area.
Unlike other clinics, the treatment that we recommend is based on your unique needs, lifestyle, budget, and goals for thinning hair and hair loss. Low level laser hair therapy is just one of the treatment options available at South Coast Hair Options. It can be used by itself or as part of a multi-faceted approach to regrow hair in the Greater Boston area. For our female clients, we also offer hair extensions, Virtuesse Virtual Reality hair replacement treatments, and other hair solutions, depending on your needs. It all starts with a free consultation.
Our Corrective Hair Solutions (CHS) are:
- affordable, safe, and natural
- designed to fit your lifestyle
- created just for women
- individualized to match your hair color, texture, and style
- made to work with your existing hair
- able to solve all hair loss problems
- totally natural-looking
- completely pain-free and easy to maintain
Schedule a FREE Consultation at South Coast Hair Options
We provide hair restoration services to clients throughout the Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island area. Unlike other Greater Boston hair loss clinics that offer a one-size-fits-all solution to every client, we tailor make each treatment program according to your individual needs. It is possible to regrow hair in the Greater Boston area. So whether you want laser hair loss treatments in Fall River or need to discuss other options for women and hair loss, you can count on South Coast Hair Options to help you achieve your goals. Give us a call at 508-995-7085 and speak with one of our technicians to schedule a FREE consultation right away.