Hair loss for anyone can be a traumatic event. Almost two-thirds of women will face a type of hair loss at some point in their life. Many types of hair loss are treatable using female hair replacement and laser therapy. Seeing a professional to determine solutions to hair loss is always advised. Along with heredity, certain medications, and medical conditions, below are 6 other best known reasons for hair loss:
- Stress: Severe physical or emotional stress can cause hair loss regardless of whether a person is predestined to lose hair or not. This type of hair loss is usually not permanent. However, in the case of a woman who has hereditary hair loss, the process may be accelerated by stress
- Hormonal Changes: Hair loss can be caused by heredity and changing hormones. Although it can cause modest to significant hair loss in aging women, this hair loss may also show in women as young as 25 to 30.
- Alopecia: Alopecia is classified as an autoimmune disease, but its cause is unknown. Alopecia in women often takes the form of female patter hair loss but also can involve hair loss on any part of the body.
- Trichotillomania: This is the behavior known as “Hair Pulling Disorder”. The person with this disorder compulsively pulls out strands of hair in distinct patches on the scalp compulsively. It is caused by high amounts of anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Chemotherapy/Radiation Drugs: This treatment is meant to kill cancer cells but in turn poisons the hair follicles often resulting in total hair loss.
- Hair Products: Chemicals used for perming, bleaching, and straightening can cause hair to become damaged and break off if done incorrectly.
When over the counter thinning hair products do not work, consider South Coast Hair Options. One of their many options is a Corrective Hair Solution that is a proprietary hair loss restoration method. It restores the hair that adds to self-confidence and improves the quality of your life. To see what options South Coast Hair Options has for you, please click here.