What Laser Therapy Means To You
Benefits of Southcoast Hair Options Laser Hair Treatment Programs
- Works for all types of hair loss and scalp conditions including: male or female pattern, chemical damage, eczema, seborrhea, hormonal changes, medications, diet and stress.
- Stimulates hair follicle and increases blood flow to the scalp
- Stops hair loss and helps to re-grow hair
- Unlike many treatments, Laser energy works on all areas of the scalp
- Fuller, shinier, softer, thicker and more manageable hair
- Repairs and improves hair shaft quality
- Relieves irritating scalp condition
- Increases hair strength and elasticity
- Enhances the lasting effects of hair color and perms by closing the cuticle
- Better curl retention
- Longer lasting color; less fading and oxidation
- Bonds and locks in conditioners for enhanced results
- Repairs damage normally caused by chemical services
- Eliminate unpleasant odors associated with chemical services
- Best hair restoration cost value
Rationale for In Clinic and Home Use Laser Together Combined With Products Whenever Possible
- Laser is much more effective when used with Minoxidil, DHT blocker and sodium laurel sulfate free shampoo.
- By doing in-clinic laser, you get more up-front visits
- Better results=better compliance
- Monitor progress on monthly basis, included in the laser hair therapy cost
- Increase usage of laser by combining home usage of handheld lasers.
Q: How does laser work?
Hair loss laser treatment uses the scientific principle of photo-biotherapy. This process occurs when cells absorb light and repair themselves. Laser light penetrates deep into the tissues of the scalp, stimulating micro-circulation of blood supply, cell metabolism and protein synthesis. Clinical studies suggest that this cellular and sub-cellular activity breaks down the collection of DHT helping to stop hair loss. Many long-term international clinical research programs have shown that bio-stimulation of “cold-beam” low level laser gives numerous positive effects to the skin and hair. Research suggests that laser works by three mechanisms:
- Energization — Transforming laser energy into cellular energy. Laser light increases the energy available to cells so they take in nutrients faster and get rid if waste products. Not surprisingly, many scientists and physicians have been using low level laser over the past 30 years to speed wound healing and produce new tissue.
- Circulation — increasing blood and lymph circulation through vasodilatation. Microscopic studies have shown laser increases circulation and oxygenation of the blood to the scalp and hair bulb. Laser also removes calcification and blockages around the hair bulb; as well as increases cell replacement or regeneration activity. Laser helps hair to improve in fullness, shine, body and elasticity; therefore problems such as excessively oily or dry scalp, dandruff and itchiness can also be reduced.
- Vibration — Bringing cells into harmonious oscillation patterns. The soft tissue and fluids in our bodies actually vibrate! They do this within a frequency range similar to that of cold-beam, red-light laser. When its vibrations become irregular or out-of-step, it can be brought back into “synchronization” by being irradiated with low level laser working at quantum level.
Q: Have the benefits been scientifically measured?
A: Yes, many studies have been done and several more are currently being undertaken to prove that Laser works. Long term international and recent clinical trials suggest many benefits from laser hair treatments. One recent study showed that more than 90% of users achieve some positive benefits and results. In addition, more than 44% of users see noticeable benefits within the first 6 weeks. Another 45% see results within 6 to 12 weeks and the rest see subtle improvements after 12 weeks.
Q: Does Laser work for everyone?
A: Laser is recommended for hair replacement for women and men who are in the early stages of hair loss or who demonstrate sufficient hair follicles capable of being rehabilitated by the laser hair therapy program. To maintain a healthy head of hair, especially if there is a history of baldness in your family, the sooner you start the better.
Q: Can I use it with transplants?
A: yes. In fact, it is used post operatively to promote healing, reduce scarring, and ensure a higher rate of success for transplanted units. It has been proven helpful when used before and after transplant procedures to help establish new grafts and minimize shedding of transplanted hair. Treatment should cease two weeks prior to surgery and resume two weeks after surgery.